Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October Volunteering

On Saturday, I went to the Philadelphia Zoo to help out with Boo at the Zoo. We (One Brick) were assigned a section with crafts and games. For the first hour and a half, I manned the "bowling" game. They had soda bottles with pebbles in the bottom and a small playground ball that looked like a jack-o-lantern. It sounded like fun, and was in the beginning. But, after each roll, I had to go get the ball and reset the "pins". I pretty much always had a line. Another volunteer came up to rescue me. I was so grateful. I then handled the eyeball and spoon run. Instead of eggs on a spoon, they had little balls that looked like eyeballs and I coached the kids in running with them. It was pretty funny to watch the really little kids. They were very concerned with not dropping it and walked so slow.

I was kind of disappointed that there were so many store-bought costumes, but I shouldn't really judge, as I was wearing a t-shirt I purchased at Target the day before.

No comments: