Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Broad Street Run

The Broad Street Run opened registration today. Last year, it sold out in just a few days, so I wanted to be sure to register today. Naturally, I forgot this morning, thought about it while I was away from my computer, then thought about over an hour after I got back to my computer. Good job, me. I did manage to register, though. Now I have to stop skipping my long runs, though.

This is the first race I'm training for that I'll actually be focusing on being faster rather than just being able to do it. I already know I can run 10 miles, so that's not really a challenge. But this goal time means more running than I usually do (5 days a week vs. 3-4) plus weights and a day of cross training. If nothing else, this will be good for my fitocracy account.

No comments: