Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February Snail Mail

One of my good friends recently bought her first house with her husband, so I headed to Penzey's Spices to pick up their housewarming gift. Can I just say that I think spices are a great small gift? Fun, tasty, and useful. Especially since I haven't seen the house and I have no idea what they might need to fill it or to decorate it.

Enough patting myself on the back. In true Carolyn fashion, I bought them a week ago, and last night finally wrapped it in brown paper and my trademark excessive amount of packing tape. I love that there's a post office on my commute that opens at 7:30. Since I need to be at work at 8, this means I can stop on my way in, rather than head out at lunch.

Now that I'm writing this, I'm remembering that I had a dream about a week ago about writing this post. It wasn't the same package, and I decided to take a picture of the package to post here. I forgot to obscure the address in any way, so all four of my readers knew his address now. Sorry about that, dream package receiver.