Sunday, April 29, 2012

25 Mile Bike Ride

Actually, it was 28.7 miles. I had some time this afternoon, so I decided to go for a ride. I thought I'd try for the 25 miles, since my last ride (aside from to my garden plot) was over 17 miles. I biked down to Manayunk, up to Valley Forge, then back to Conshy. The headwind head to Valley Forge was killer. I've had headwinds before, but not like this. I had to downshift to keep biking. It was awful, but I made it. Then, I got to spend two miles riding through some bug swarm. I'm not even kidding. Every time I looked up, I got more bugs in my face. I had to stand outside and clean off my jacket and shirt when I got back so I didn't bring bugs into the house. It was pretty gross. In two weeks, I'll be biking with my parents. Hopefully, that'll be another 25+ mile bike ride, but I'll leave that up to Mom & Dad. If you ever want to ride with me, just let me know. I'll do shorter rides, if you like. I don't ride fast, but I am getting faster than I used to be, and I'm totally willing to go slower, take breaks, pack a lunch, go out for food. Just let me know.

No comments: