Friday, April 20, 2012

April Mail- take 2


In case you don't know, my little sister ran the Boston Marathon earlier this week. Yes, the one where it was 90 degrees on race day and she was used to running in the snow. You can read about her experience here. (I particularly like the post for her run after the marathon, but the link is to her marathon post.) Anyway, she is raising money to go volunteer in Tanzania, and has pledged to run a mile for every $10 someone gives. The rest of my siblings and I decided to to sponsor her marathon. She is also taking demands about what to wear/listen to/do on the run. We demanded she yell "Liquid Schwartz!" every time she had water/gatorade/goo as well as after when she had beers. This is a shout out to our Ragnar Relay team, Ludicrous Speed. If you don't get it, rent Spaceballs. Or come to my house and watch it on Blue-Ray. It's the only Blue-Ray I own. If you haven't seen Spaceballs in HD, you should probably visit me. Maybe I should just throw a Spaceball-themed party... Though I don't know what kind of food I'd serve... Raspberry jam?

Back to the mail part of this story: To make everyone's life easy, my older sister made the donation and the rest of us paid her back. Despite seeing her twice and bringing the check once, I never remembered to actually give her the check, so I dropped it in the mail about a week ago. And then was properly chastised earlier this week for not blogging about.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks for the shout-out!!

I'm not a huge fan of my marathon post - there's just too much going on and I keep thinking of things I forgot to mention! I think once I get pictures from mom, I might do an amendment to it :)

Like I didn't even mention trying to pop bubbles people were blowing, telling BC kids to hydrate because they were in for a long hot day, and hugging a guy with a sign that said "I want sweaty hugs!" and running for about 10 yards down Beacon street...

DCAja said...

thanks and GBU
greetings from jakarta
br,
https://www.cekaja.com/kredit-tanpa-agunan