Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Podcast Challenge 8

I finished reading Me the People: One Man's Selfless Quest to Rewrite the Constitution of the United States of America by Kevin Bleyer. It was as informative as it was funny. My husband was about ready to tape my mouth shut because I kept reading what I thought were particularly funny passages aloud. He was all like "I'm trying to sleep!" And I was all like "But wait! He's at the Constitution Center! He's comparing it to a 3D Ken Burns documentary!" Needless to say, I'm a nerd. In that I find things about Ken Burns and the Constitution Center so funny I need to share them with my (I thought just as nerdy as me) husband. Even when he's clearly trying to sleep.

Throughout the course of the book, Bleyer examines each article of the Constitution, how it got to be that way, and what it means for us today. At the end, he gets to the Bill of Rights, and then touches on some of the other amendments. Again, very funny and informative. I recommend it to anyone who has a basic knowledge of the Constitution and possibly wants to learn more, but mostly wants to laugh. Learning is fun(ny)!

No comments: