Saturday, May 12, 2012

25 Mile Bike Ride 2

My parents came this morning for a ride to the Art Museum and back. It was a pretty awesome ride for several reasons:

1. The Dad Vail Regatta was going on. So, on the way back, we stopped to watch some races. My arms hurt just THINKING about rowing for that long. We stopped to watch near the finish, then decided to head farther up to the start and we kept being like "it can't be farther than this", but it was. Mad props to crew teams. My dad thinks my family should have their own crew team. I volunteered to be coxswain and am totally stealing his idea to sing Friday from start to finish to make people row faster.

2. We saw the Purdue JV 8-man Heavyweight team row. I texted my friend who went to Purdue to let her know that I was watching the Purdue JV crew team, to which she said "Wow...must not be much on :)" I informed I was at the event, and she expected me to blog about it, so here it is.  Then she told me not to text and bike. For the record, I did not text and bike.

3. There was a dad out with his roughly 4-year-old son on a bike. My dad passed him. My dad likes being the slowest person on the road, so this was a big step for him.

4. We saw many geese and goslings. The geese were, as usual, not excited to see us and hissing at us. Geese are pretty mean.

5. I bought a couple of pretty awesome toys for my neice who turns 1 this week. I'm pretty sure she reads my blog, so I can't tell you what I got her.

6. The weather was perfect. It was a bit cool when we started out, but it warmed up quickly, but not too much. It was sunny, and my face now shows that (note to self: fine aloe).

The downside was we did not see a Coke truck, so my dad didn't get to bike up to anyone and ask them if they got to drink all of the free Coke they wanted. Also, the place we had lunch was a Pepsi place. Minus 2 for dad.

I have just one more long bike ride to do to meet my goal, but I definitely want to do more. Contact me if you're interested in joining me (even if it's for a shorter one).

1 comment:

MOM said...

It was a great day!