Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Podcast Challenge 7

I just finished reading Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier by Neil deGrasse Tyson. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Tyson, he is an astrophysicist and director of the Hayden Planetarium in NYC. He's the astrophysicist you always see on Colbert or Stewart. He also hosts NOVAScienceNow and is pretty well known for demoting Pluto in his planetarium exhibit before the International Astronomical Union did. All in all, he's basically my hero. So when I heard he had a new book, I had to read it.

The book is a collection of essays that explain the science of getting to space, the history of space travel, and the future of it. It's really informative. Since it's not a novel, nor is it written in novel form, I don't feel I need to summarize anything. I definitely recommend it to people who are at all interested in space, or science in general. The science in it is really accessible, even to someone who has taken exactly two science courses since high school. Granted, I do get a lot of science education via PBS.

No comments: